Bookings & Procedures
Fernie Trails and Ski Touring membership is required to book the cabin and at least one member must be present in each user group. Lifetime membership is open to the general public for a fee of $25. Memberships are available here.
Bookings can be made at the Guides Hut (671-2nd Ave, Downtown Fernie, 250 423 3650).
Bookings are not confirmed until paid for.
Tunnel Creek remains open for day use for people passing through. Day use is defined as stopping in to get warm or to have lunch. It does not include cooking or support camping outside the cabin. Donations for day use can be made here.
There are no cancellations, credits or refunds and we kindly ask that you do not contact us with any request. The cabin service is inexpensive and all monies are reinvested in the cabin for your next visit.
Cabin Fees are $100 per night for entire hut (maximum 6 people) winter only (November to April). There also is a $10 booking fee to cover administration, payment processing and taxes.
Tunnel Creek hut is equipped with the following:
– Bunk beds and 5 foamies.
– Wood furnace and cook stove, propane supplied.
– Lantern ( Bring 1lb propane bottle for lantern)
– Meltwater pot and greywater pot. Water source is from snow-melt so please keep the snow around the hut clean. Poor hygiene and dogs will contaminate the only water source. NO DOGS.
– Cooking pots, plates, cups, cutlers and coffee maker.
– Outdoor toilet located 30m beside the hut. Bring toilet paper.
– Shovel and fire extinguisher.
We have a few items to help you and others enjoy the cabin, please read and respect.
1. Please use the outhouse (located beside the cabin) for everything, including urinating. Bacteria from urine works it way up through the snow-pack towards light creating a health hazard. You know where you urinate however the next group does not and could become ill from your bacteria. This is the reason why dogs are not allowed at Thunder Meadows.
2. Please pack out everything that you bring including all tin, glass and food.
3. Ensure that the door and windows are closed and latched when leaving.
4. Properly clean the cabin for the next guests, we have no custodian to clean after you.
5. Dogs are NOT permitted at as they put guests in danger due to contaminated snow which is used for water